Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Learning Network Reflection

How has your network changed the way you learn? My network has made me change the way I learn because of my ever evolving experiences from childhood to adulthood. I learn more by doing and exploring the things that I want to expand on and want to know more about for instantaneous use. I can access much more information by utilizing current technology, educational resources and personal references. Through my current learning network, I use internet and digital tools such as Blogs, computer programs and learning software. As a student I utilize digital libraries, text books and other helpful resources. I also utilize my occupational resources such as training on the job and using knowledge and information from past and present jobs.

Which digital tools best facilitate learning for you? Recently, I have been using a lot of digital tools offered through Walden University, such as their digital library. I’ve also been introduced to technology resources, such as Mind Mapping Resources, (webspiration), Blog Sites (wordpress.com) and RSS Aggregators (reader.google.com). At my job we use Google docs. and smartboards to help facilitate student and teacher learning.

How do you gain new knowledge when you have questions? I gain new knowledge through others, experience, books, internet and television when have a question. When you think about it, as children we learn from adults, such as or parents and teachers. We learn by experiencing new things through out our lives. We read to further or thought process. We utilize the internet to get find the information we need at the time. We definitely watch television to find out what’s going on in the world. That is what I am surrounded by on a daily basis and that is what I use to gain additional knowledge.

In what ways does your personal learning network support or refute the central tenets of connectivism? My learning network definitely supports the central tenets of connectivism, because it directly correlates with the idea of learning that takes place through the technology and the digital age. My learning is geared by using existing knowledge, thinking, doing, working in a social network, seeking more information, and being open to the fact that learning happens in many different ways. The concept of connectivism closely relates to how I learn, because I am evolving, adjusting and changing everyday to keep up with the information that is given me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment